Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

And Away We Go...


"Children already come to us differentiated, it just makes sense we would differentiate our instruction in response to them." I love this quote from Carol Tomlinson! This blog has been an idea in my head forever, so I am excited to finally get it off the ground. First of all, many thanks to the talented Megan from A Bird in Hand, and I Teach, What's Your Superpower? She was so patient with me and I love this blog design! Anywhoo, I have been teaching special education for many years and I frequently get asked how to adapt classroom materials and instruction to meet the needs of struggling learners. As you all know, students with I.E.P.'s are spending more and more time in the general education classroom, sometimes with support, many times without any support. General education teachers are left with the responsibility of educating students with diverse backgrounds and abilities. That's where I hope the Differentiated to the Core site will be a place educators can come to get ideas and share successes. I plan to post ideas on differentiating core objectives, and be a resource that teachers can turn to for support. I'm sure along the way I will learn a ton from all of you too....there are so many incredibly talented teachers out there! I believe that by sharing our resources and supporting each other we can bring exciting, meaningful learning to our students and classrooms. I hope you will visit Differentiated to the Core often, taking with you practical, easy strategies that you can use in your classroom everyday!

2 comments:

  1. Cute Blog design Denise! I look forward to connecting and sharing ideas with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, my first comment! And I am so glad to have found you to connect with too. I will have lots of questions ...thanks and enjoy the rest of the summer..it's going so fast!

      Delete